light factory

AlexD

i was wondering if any one has bought lighting factory, i was wondering is there an instal limit? liek adooby photoshop u can instal one copy of it 3 times can you do the same as this? i ask this becaus we are planing on getting it and we are going to have a pc to run the softwear off during the show and and we are going to instal it onto a laptop (if we can) so we can go down to where the audeance is and set the lighting tthere so you can see better whats going on. Also i was wondering how you save a show, can u save it as a project put it on a memory stick and then take it off the memory stick and put it on the pc and run the proect of the pc for the show.

VNC is your friend. Lets you remotely control your computer from another computer, laptop, iPhone, smartphone, all over WiFi, there is one built into Windows, but I prefer TightVNC, because I use Windows & Linux mostly. This would let you do your stuff!
More info on VNC in this Wikipedia Article.
Nick

Hi Alex

It's possible to transfer a LightFactory registration from a PC to a USB-DMX dongle, in which case it is the presence of the USB-DMX dongle which unlocks the PC - if you move the dongle between multiple PCs, the registration moves with it.

We can also supply the registration stored onto a dongle directly - this is available in the form of the "LightFactory Packages" which include the licence and the output dongle.

I hope this helps - if you have any questions on LightFactory, please don't hesitate to get in touch - I can assure you we will reply!

Kind Regards,

Peter

I got a 1 universe license for Light Factory in the promotion a couple of mounths ago and have been playing around with the program. So far I like it better than a lot of others I've ran across in the past.

I do have a question though: I see the option in the license settings to transfer the registration onto a USB flash drive to use as a dongle; is it not possible to use any USB drive for this? I tried a couple different flash drives that I have at home, and the software didn't detect them as usable. Do I have to buy a special dongle to use this functionality?

Another solution...

Windows Remote desktop, already build in to XP / Vista / Win 7 and is much faster then VNC (for Wondows remoting Windows situations)

You can also transfer the license just using a text file or writing down some numbers. I have done this numerous times. You will need to have the software installed on both computers. On the one you want to transfer to, you will need the serial number as listed in the program. Run the transfer wizard on the computer you are transferring from, enter said serial number and the software will output a code that you can either write down or save to a text file.

On the second computer you run the transfer wizard again and point it to the text file or manually punch in the code you wrote down. Poof - it's registered.

It's a bit of a PITA but it works. I would recommend backing the system up beforehand in case something goes awry. Ghost is a good program for that. If you do mess it up I'm sure you can get assistance from Enntec.

BTW - this is for the v1.4 software. Not sure if it's different on the 2.0 stuff...

But the license only allows the software to legally be installed on one computer.

Peter, I have a one universe pro v1 of Lightfactory with an open and pro usb dongle, and I vaguely remember transferring it between computers. If I recal correctly, the program can run for a period of time on a second machine to allow a show to be completed, if the main machine crashes, is this correct ?

The pro dmx dongle is usefull as I can use it to allow another desk to be a "wing" which is handy with a laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back