Lighting advice

... Anyone have any advice for me? I use the ETC Congo Jr.
Yes. Get a different console. Just kidding, sort of. There's little middle ground with the Congo (much like with Jands Vista). People either love it or hate it.

But that aside, Do you want "How to program/run the console"? Or "Tips & Tricks"? What fixtures do you have? Where are they? Can you/do you want to rehang the light plot? What kind of shows do you do? What are you trying to achieve? Are you looking for design advice/suggestions: Lighting Concept/Lighting Statement?

I just need tips and tricks. We currently have 6 Martin Mac TW1s available to us, however to of them are used as spots. We have to TW1s getting repaired for a total of 8. 3 of are TW1s on truss B while 3 are on truss C. The only part of the show I design is worship, the rest are specific cues that are rarely changed.

Angles. I haven't been to a worship in a while, but the one thing I could offer is having whoever is speaking to be lit up from at least two angles, not just one directly spotting them. It will add dimension to their facial features so you can tell what they are feeling. It might add to the effect on the audience.

Welcome to The Booth! It's always good to have more people from the Northwest. Be sure to stop in and join the Pacific Northwest CB Crew.

As for your question get a little more specific if you can and we can help give you better advice. However, assuming Mozsey knows you and your setup, he offer's good advice. Lighting a speaker from only the front makes the person look flat, lighting from the sides as well makes the person more three dimensional. Do a search here on "3 point lighting" to get you started. Adding light on top coming straight down also helps (take a close look at the news and you'll notice there's always a bright halo of light around the back of their head from the top light)

Since you have the power to create colors with your fixtures try mixing some colors. Use a light amber color from one side, a light blue from the other side and a white with just a slight hint of color from the front (try yellow, amber, and blue for your front light see what you like best).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back