Design Lighting Systen Cabling Diagram

scoreed

I'm trying to design a cabling diagram for our lighting system. We have a small theater with three catwalks and i already have a floor plan in MS Visio. Does anybody know of where to find shapes or stencils for common lighting fixtures for free?

I'm trying to design a cabling diagram for our lighting system. We have a small theater with three catwalks and i already have a floor plan in MS Visio. Does anybody know of where to find shapes or stencils for common lighting fixtures for free?

Not much - or anything for free.

Field Associates is the only manufacturer I'm aware of that sells and even has lighting stencils, with scale lighting symbols. You can also get architectural symbols at most art supply stores.

Are you a student ? and if you have ID as such, you can get the free student version of Vectorworks Spotlight - a Computer Assisted Drafting (CAD) program for Windows and Mac. You could then possibly import the Visio file as an image to a layer in VW and draw the cable system in a 2nd layer. It would teach you how to use VW as well, which is a useful skill.

Field Templates™ THE Source for Theatrical Lighting Symbols!

Vectorworks 2010 by Nemetschek North America - Realize Your Most Inspired Visions

SB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back