Automated Fixtures Lightwright 4 and Circuiting Automated Fixtures

MsLxChick

I'm working on putting together a LW4 file for a plot. I've been putting in the circuit #s which has been going along well until I got to the moving light mults. It's been a while since I had to circuit a plot with movers in LW4 and I can't remember how to do it. I want to say that such and such unit is Circuit # ML1-4 for example, but when I type that in, LW4 will only save "M" in the circuit # column.
What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any insight!!
Lx Chick

I haven't used LW4 in years but it is the same in LW5- try using the Circuit Name column for "ML1" and then use Circuit Number column to identify the connector on the breakout (the "4" part).

From the LW 4 Reference manual:
Notice the difference between Circuit NUMBERS and Circuit NAMES. If you have circuits in your theatre with labels such
as "Floor Pocket 16" then use the NAMES part for "Floor Pocket" and the NUMBERS part for "16.” If you use multicable,
the Circuit Name could be “Mult A” while the individual circuits within the cable are given Circuit Numbers from 1-12.

-Todd

Yeah, you need to split out the Circuit Name and Circuit Number. It sounds like you're naming this mult "ML1", and the fixture is plugging into circuit 4 on that breakout. You would type ML1 into the circuit name, then type 4 in the circuit number. Also, be aware that LW intentionally restricts what information you can put in the Circuit # column. You can only insert numbers ("453"), a number prefixed by a single letter ("M453"), a single letter ("M"), or two letters with the second being lower case ("Ma").

Users who are viewing this thread

Back