Control/Dimming Line Dim LED House light

rphilip

I remember reading about a LED house light that line dim's using a modified dimmer curve where the bottom 20% or so is used to power the light. eg the light output goes to zero at 20% on the dimmer.

Google and site search aren't helping me find it however. Does anyone know what I'm thinking of off the top of their head?

Thanks

Philip

I know I and others have discussed thst concept, but font know of an actual product. R-LED comes closest, but "coasts" out by storing some power to fade to black.

I think you're probably remembing that Chroma-Q just came out with their new Inspire MD. It has the curve that you're describing. They don't talk about it much in the literature, but that was the spiel at LDI. I was floored that no one was pushing that idea before. Seems the easiest solution to the problem.

Well then, I need to have a conversation with someone! We're a dealer, and I'm sure there are quite a few others. I don't have a price list with that on it yet, but I'll get you an answer sometime today.

I think you're probably remembing that Chroma-Q just came out with their new Inspire MD. It has the curve that you're describing. They don't talk about it much in the literature, but that was the spiel at LDI. I was floored that no one was pushing that idea before. Seems the easiest solution to the problem.
Yes, that's what I was remembering.

Thanks

Philip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back