Control/Dimming Loading show/cues into ION

poolman78

If I am offline writing a show on ion software and I am using the channels as I know they are patched on the console I will be using, can I just load the cues or do I have to re-patch the entire rig whether before I load in the offline editor or after I load the cues in the actual console. Show and space will obviously not be patched one to one. If so..how?

If I am offline writing a show on ion software and I am using the channels as I know they are patched on the console I will be using, can I just load the cues or do I have to re-patch the entire rig whether before I load in the offline editor or after I load the cues in the actual console. Show and space will obviously not be patched one to one. If so..how?

if your patch in the offline editor is the same as the patch on the console, then you can just load the cues onto the console by using "merge"
with merge you can choose to merge everything thats in your show file or you can just merge the cues and you should be fine.

if the patch is different you can just load the offline show file onto the console and it will load your patch the way it is in the offline editor.

The patch travels in the .esf file with the cues you've written in the OLE (Off-Line Editor).

If you know you want that patch with the cues, and having saved the OLE file to a USB drive (Save As), simply do a "File - Open" in the console, navigating to the USB drive file and open.

As LJ posted, you can use the Merge function to change what you bring into the console, just cues as example.

if your patch in the offline editor is the same as the patch on the console, then you can just load the cues onto the console by using "merge"
with merge you can choose to merge everything thats in your show file or you can just merge the cues and you should be fine.

if the patch is different you can just load the offline show file onto the console and it will load your patch the way it is in the offline editor.

So if I use the merge option I can just load the cues. I am trying to save myself time and not redoing a patch. The console is patched per the technical,rider and rep plot. I am just writing cues. So merge allows cues to load onto board and will not take the patch in the offline editor which is patched one to one since I have not touched it? Thanks in advance.

So if I use the merge option I can just load the cues. I am trying to save myself time and not redoing a patch. The console is patched per the technical,rider and rep plot. I am just writing cues. So merge allows cues to load onto board and will not take the patch in the offline editor which is patched one to one since I have not touched it? Thanks in advance.

correct as long as you select to only merge the cue list and not the patch.
when it comes to conventionals, The console knows to bring channel 1 up to its recorded level in the cue regardless if the patch is different. If you have moving lights in the rig then you want to make sure the patch for those channels are the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back