Control/Dimming Looking for a Good Show Control Program

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post on here so I will try and keep to the point.

I've been looking around for Show Control programs but I'm not sure what I should get and What to use.

Here's what I need/want to do

I want to be able to use my Laptop with a show control program (Simple one) and I know I need will a USB --> DMX

Now the thing is i see some programs for $300 then some for $50

So here's what i need: A show control program and a USB --> DMX I don't have a lot of money so the cheaper the better

Thank you to anyone for the help!!

It would be helpful if you described what it is you are trying to control. Show control and lighting control software are two different things. From the "USB --> DMX" part I assume you want lighting control?

-Tim

For inexpensive lighting control, Chamsys MagicQ PC is a good program. If you don't need more than 512 channels of control you can get their little MagicDMX Full which has one universe of DMX and is about $100/£60.

If you have access to a PC Freestyler DMX is free to use, and you can get a DMX to USB Dongle from Enttec for cheap ENTTEC- Lighting Control,RDM,DMX USB PRO. MagicQ PC is a good program, once you get the hang of it. If I were you I would get the dongle from Enttec because most of the programs you can get for free from the manufacturers website. I know you can get Chauvet ShowXpress, MagicQ PC, and possibly CueLux for free. Another solution you may want to look into is the LXseries pro LXSeries. LX series comes with a plot creator, that includes all paperwork, and also comes with a neat console program, you can create a plot in the beams program, and transfer all the circuit, dimmer, channel, etc. Data into the console program using the Enttec USB Pro, out to the dimmers/ fixtures.

I have never actually used LXconsole, but I do use LXbeams. If I had to choose a favorite from these it would probably be Freestyler or ShowXpress. In my opinion MagicQ PC is very geared toward a PC wing or touch screen computer, if you have access or money to get one of those MagicQ is probably one of the best options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back