Looking for lower end PA speaker.

DuckJordan

Touring IATSE Member
Okay, here's the deal, Ive got $400's to spend on personal budget for a speaker, Its mostly going to be used for small party's think small 20'x30' room, I only need to run one speaker at the moment and would need to get a different mixing board if i decide to go for a stereo system.

So with all that taken out of the way I've been looking at a couple speakers.First off is the Mackie Thump TH-15A I would prefer to go with an active speaker as i would not want to have to haul an amplifier, a mixer and the speaker around as well as a laptop and a few other things, plus if i had to go with passive i would also need to buy an amplifier for the speaker with the $400.

Also what i have been looking at if i can get it cheep enough used or similar is the M-audo GSR-10's.

has anyone had any experience with either of these two, and i'm also open to suggestions.

problem is shipping for that is going to be hell at 40 lbs it would likely cost over $100 for shipping, $400 is max range as far as that goes as well i may be able to spend 10-15$ more but $400 is about the top range.

did their shipping calc and without tax the speaker plus shipping will cost roughly $480 add tax and its over $500.. a little more than id like to spend thanks though.

I didn't call early enough... they sold the last 3 as I was on the phone...

did a musical last month with only 4 of these. INCREDIBLY CLEAR and powerful and inexpensive:

ELECTROVOICE ZXA1

can usually be had for $400 NEW. rotatable hf horn so you can put them verticle or horiz. Tiny, powerful, CLEAR. nuf said? or yeah, EV= dependable

Quick update on this, Just bought a ABehringer Eurolive B215A and looking for a pair, GC had only one and since they are no longer being produced by Behringer (they have moved on to the D) I found it cheap at 250$.

So I'm going to be posting in the Classifieds section for another to get a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back