lots of foliage

jessamarie6

So the show I'm working on is supposed to take place in a large formal walled garden in full bloom. I'm planning on using chicken wire covered in muslin topiaries, and using VSSSD for bark on my tree, but I still have to fill the rest of the garden. Does anyone have any ideas on leaves, flowers, grass...
I have a tiny budget, but I know that a stage that big is going to look pretty lame if it isn't full enough.

I have a local supplier The flowermart.com whom offers really good deals. But when I did Humble Boy I got a tone of stuff from Ebay. I have searched my Hard drive and cannot find my corespondence with the seller to get her store name, I wish I could 'cause she was great ! I got a ton of stuff for a very good price. I do remember she was down south either Missisippi or Louisianna and love the fact that her stuff was going to be onstage. We subsequently re-used a bunch of that same stuff in Garden . If you were in Portland you could come over and raid my set dressing room, I've got more flowers than a flower shop. Being in Chicagoland I would think there should be several large flower wholesalers. Most of those places have a "dry-goods" section attached where they sell florists supplys and silk flowers. The Dollar Tree, chain of stores happens to have a huge selection of silk flowers at present.

Contact other theaters in your area. We rented a bunch of tropical vines and palm trees for $25 from a local theater last year in order to do Night of the Iguana. There have got to be other theaters in the area who will either loan, rent, or give them to you for a low pull fee. Call around and make connections!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back