Low lying fog machine - with haze?

Yes in short... your fog will eventually warm and rise turning into a haze... I have used an Antari ICE they are pretty good units, I have also used both haze and fog effects at the same time. Remember a hazer is going to give you the haze effect faster than waiting for fog to dissipate in to haze. Also in my opinion some fog effects that dissipate into haze just do not look the same as haze. Also fog as well as haze is typically affected by environmental factors in the case of fog... which if it is low lying will be cold, will be drawn toward heat. If you are using it for stage applications with lights the heat will draw it up. Also... HVAC, open doors, fans, drafts, and more will cause the fog to move often where you do not want it to, combine that with a heat source and all of the sudden a pretty cloud of fog that is on the ground is getting sucked up and pushed around. I have literally spent hours playing with foggers, hazers, fans, and venting to create the effect I want, so you may have to work with your rig a bit to accomplish this. One other thing you say you want a snow effect, do you mean snow on the ground or like snow that is falling, or both because you could also look at snow machines (not like the ones they use at ski hills... but for special effects use) and get a snow falling effect... which in my opinion is a much cooler looking snow effect and a lot more bang for your buck in the effects department... although you may only want to rent a snow machine as you may not have another use for it aside from this one production. One other thing with low lying fog you want it to leave the machine ass cold as possible if you want it to stay on the ground the longest... so I suggest dry ice instead of regular ice if it's OK to use dry ice in the machine, the fog will be colder leaving it and the dry ice lasts longer... there are some units that use liquid C02 but they are not very cost effective (trust me I have used them...)

Hi im looking at purchasing renting at low lying fog machine like this Antari Ice - YouTube

Would be using it for a snow effect for christmas.

would the fog just dissipate while its low, and could i use my hazer with it? or would the fog fill up the room?

i would rather use haze to fill the room than fog.

Thanks

You can also chill your fog fluid to make it heavier and get a better low lying effect, you can get low lying chiller fluid here Fog Fluid - Chiller | Global Special Effects I think Froggy's might have some similar, but I think Global Special Effects is cheaper now.

Thanks guys.

we would have to have our AC on, and we have a vent or 2 on the stage.. so from what you guys are saying it would be pretty much usuless to try to use this effect, since all the fog would get sucked up - blow around by the ac?

Thanks guys.

we would have to have our AC on, and we have a vent or 2 on the stage.. so from what you guys are saying it would be pretty much usuless to try to use this effect, since all the fog would get sucked up - blow around by the ac?

That's a good possibility but not a sure thing. There may be a way to turn just the vent/vents over the stage off for the performance. They might also no effect things at all. The only way to know for sure is to try the effect on your stage and see how it works. You might find that you can place the fogger in certain spots where it isn't as effected by the air currents, and even take advantage of them to help spread the fog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back