Automated Fixtures Mac 2ks On 125v Power

jjdrummer

Dear Control Booth,
My school recently aquired 10 mac 2ks. We rented a PD to provide them with 208v three-phase power last show, but to cut down on rental costs I'd like to run them on 125v. I have an adapter from edison to 125v 20A. What can go wrong powering the light with 125v? will it decrease the lamp-life, decrease motor speed, etc.?
We have the Profile II Electronic Ballast and Wash II Electronic Ballast.

Read the manual, and check the taps inside. You may need to move them around. Also, it maybe not be compatible at all, some 1200w class movers aren't.

I checked the manual. It says that the light will work on 125v, but says nothing about differences between it's performance on 125v rather than 208 persay. Is it just able to work on 125 for accessibility?

What can go wrong powering the light with 125v? will it decrease the lamp-life, decrease motor speed, etc.?
No operational differences at all, but you must change two fuses. Accessible without opening the upper enclosure.

I see the fuses and have looked at them.. They're 15A 250V. Do I need 16.8A 125V? That's how much power the manual says they will take. 20A 125V seems much more common...

What should I replace them with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back