Automated Fixtures Mac250 entour on a compulite spark

Dear all,

for a smal production i need to control two MAC250 entour fixtures.
The lighting board i'm using is a Compulite Spark LX (240 chan, 512 DMX addr, 2 universes)
I've downloaded the fixture package from the Compulite website though i'cant get them to work properly.
When I look at the Mix Output menu (menu 19) the ingition option is blanc, when i add the service channel to this field, it still isn't working.
can anyone help me

grtz

Luuk

You might have better luck posting in the Compulite forums:
Planet Vector

Many/most of the members of ControlBooth are US based and have limited experience with Compulite consoles.

Best,
John

While I can't remember how the fixtures change channel numbers in different modes, I do remember that there is more than one fixture mode available for the Entour. Perhaps that's your issue.

Thanx guys,

problem fixed, one of the two fixtures was in extended 16-bit mode, apparently the factory reset doest reset this setting, but it works fine now

The 250 only has 2 modes, 8bit and 16 bit.

I don't think that's correct. There are 2 modes, a basic and extended, and both had 16-bit resolution. The extended mode allowed access to macros that the basic mode did not. Here's the manual. http://www.martin.com/service/downloadfile.asp?name=UM_MAC250KryptonEntour_EN_K.pdf&cat=65

Regardless, using the fixture in the wrong mode relative to the fixture profile on the controller could be the reason for the fixtures not working correctly, which is why I suggested that as a possible issue.

You are correct Len as I said above... I have worked too much with Macs to not know... and they have a 16 bit and 16 bit extended. They often function in the wrong mode just not properly... which is usually a dead give away for me if I see one fixture acting up in my rig that its in the wrong mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back