Control/Dimming Macro Electronics Corporation Light Board

I know this is probably a shot in the dark, but from what I have read on this site already, if there is anywhere I am going to find information it is here.

I just started designing the set, lights and sound for a local run of grease at a high school. The school has a Macro Electronics Corporation Light Board and dimming system(OLDDDDD!) It has a digital connection to the system and you can patch dimmers to channels, but all manual scene input, no memory. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this brand of board or knows how to get in contact with the company.

Thanks
Dave

Last edited:
I am diving into this setup and trying to figure out how it is set up. I don't have any light plots or dimmer assignment sheets for the system. Ever been to a theatre and had no idea how anything was connected. I have a fresnel on dimmer 32, (I think, thats how the plug is labeled), I punch in dimmer 32 and it says it is patched to channel 3, bring up channel 3, no light.(I have not checked any of the lamps yet, but I have 20 fresnels across the first electric and none of them turn on.)

I was just wondering if anyone had worked with the system and how I could contact the company that made it. I will make some calls today to buyout company you listed.

Thanks for the help

I am not familar with the system but it sounds like you can softpatch your dimmers. If this is true then you might want to try to do a 1:1 patch and maybe it will give you a better idea of where everything is located.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back