The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Mag Light LED BABY!!!!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by gafftaper, Sep 25, 2006.

1. gafftaper

gafftaper Senior Team Senior Team Fight Leukemia

Theater Manager & T.D.
    I Just saw the new Mag Light LED at my local jumbo hardware store. They jammed a 3 watt Luxeon in there, and made it focusable. The AA version is about the same diameter as a standard AA Mag but it's probably an inch longer. The cost was like $23. These babies are so fresh, the mag website still doesn't list them as being available.

2. len

len Well-Known Member

I found a replacement kit for the 2 x double AA on ebay. Cost me about $7.00, has 3 led but only 1 watt, and has the end cap switch. Pretty bright, but I was mostly interested in the switch.

3. gafftaper

gafftaper Senior Team Senior Team Fight Leukemia

Theater Manager & T.D.
    I got that same mod kit about 6 months back. I love the LED light but the lack of ability to focus makes it kind of lame. I didn't really like the push button switch that came with it and quickly removed it. Supposedly that company makes red and blue LED mod kits too but I haven't been able to find one. A friend told me you can find the basic white mod kit (without the pushbutton) for about $4-$5 at Wall Mart.