Wireless Make Audio System Wireless

Hello All,
I have a Bose 5.1 Surround Sound system.

The wires for all speakers are alreadt ran in the walls coming out in one location, which connect to my A/V Reciever.

I want to move the reciever into another room, but don't want to remove the wires.

I basically would like to hook the wires into a wireless transmiter and connect the wireless reciever up to the A/V reciever in another room.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Anything out there that can do this?

Thank-you for your help.

Well sort of
Kef makes a unit that was designed for wireless rear speakers, it connects to the speaker output terminals on your receiver, and then adds another 50 watt amp actually at the speakers.

KEF Universal Wireless Kit Power Protection reviews - CNET Reviews

The basic problem with what you are trying to do is that wireless can work for line level signals but is not workable for speaker level signals that are in the multiple watts, so basically the kef unit takes your speaker level out and pads it down to line level and then re amplifies it up at the speaker side.

Wireless broadcast say of a 50 watt signal would cause all sorts of problems

it is expensive about 300 dollars per speaker

SO Personally I don't think it is worth it

Sharyn

Short Answer: No.

With the right budget, anything is possible, but in this case, there aren't going to be a lot of practical solutions. One problem we face is that the signal coming out of your receiver is already amplified... which severely limits the types of devices that can be connected to it.

The steps of how I am thinking to do it:
Attenuate all 5 output signals to Line Level. Integrate 5 wireless transmitters (difficult to do since virtually all run on batteries... at least the ones I'm familiar with). Connect the 5 receivers to 5 Power Amps, and then into the 5 speakers.

Is there an issue with installing new cable and leaving the old in place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back