Makeup Lighting

Ech725

Ok here is the scenario-our makeup room lighting has a couple of sockets that do not work. We want to change the lighting. The issue in the past has always been heat and the fact that the bulbs are not covered. Does anyone have a better alternative than replacing the bulbs? Are there any cheap light bulb covers? Someone suggested rope lights, but I'm not really convinced. Like always-we want to keep low.

Depends on your fixture. This might work if the porcelain socket is exposed. This is a National Electric Code requirement by the way. There are lots out there. I've seen some made from perf metal - like for a radiator cover - basically a "box" with one side missing and side towards fixture just a taps to screw it to the fixture/strip. Perhaps a photo of your existing fixture would help.

In our spec we make sure that the fixture can be relamped without removing guard, else we find that the guards are not put back on.

I'd look at LED, good color rendering and very little heat. But yes, they need covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back