Marrying Linesets

Is it okay to marry linesets?

• Student: It's okay and is a useful tool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Student: It's okay to do only under certain circumstances if there is no other option

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Student: It should never be done

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Pro: It's okay and a useful tool

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Pro: It's okay to do only under certain circumstances if there is no other option

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Pro: It should never be done

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

photoatdv

Okay, we're not getting into how-tos on this one because it's VERY VERY dangerous if done wrong. Anyone that is qualified to do it already knows how. For anyone that doesn't know what marrying linesets is, it's where two (or more) linesets are used together to lift scenery that is too heavy for a single lineset.

So, what's your opinion? Is this okay to do? The house has a 1200# capacity line sets and your set weighs 2000#. I'm curious what the breakdown of students vs professionals who think it is okay.

Okay note-- for students I mean do you think it's okay in the general industry, not is it okay for you to do it. I think we can all agree high school and unders definitely have no business doing this level of rigging unless completely and totally supervised and helped by a qualified rigger.

Last edited:
Not being experienced with rigging, or even the use of full flys I can not say much, but I would think students, unless being trained and watched by a professional shouldn't do this, I can only imagen the dangers.

How uniformly is the load distributed across the various lift lines? Are we assuming ideal uniformity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back