Martin M1 Help and Trouble Mover

BLPisani

My current company uses Martin M1s for all of its spaces. I have tried looking over the manual and YouTube, to no good effect for my issue. I have several moving lights in my rig with channels not in the Presets or Parameters windows. Is there a way to access their channels in the console? I know how to select the fixtures, but not a DMX channel that isn't explicitly displayed.

The fixtures are Chinese Skyline 7R fixtures, 18 channels, and they normally lamp on with power. I have one acting up, and the lamp function channel (17) isn't programmed as a soft key. I tried to manually set it, but everything is in very, very poor English. I'm not even certain I had the right channel on the device.

Any help or hints are greatly appreciated.

Ouch, sounds like you're fighting some bad profiles. When you have the fixture selected, is there a control channel available (accessible using the large lcd buttons on the console, you might need to use the scroll wheel below them to get to a second page)? You may have to manually send the correct dmx signals to the fixture for the command to register. I assume that you made the profile for these yourself? Do you know who did? I would contact Martin about it directly, they can generally get you a profile pretty quickly if you can provide them with a manual.

What software version is your console running?

A quick fix would probably be to patch a single channel dimmer to that channel and just be smart about what levels you set it to. The console will probably argue with you about overlapping fixtures, but you should be able to convince it you know what you're talking about eventually. Maybe if you get lucky mhinrichs will emerge from the darkness with a more elegant solution.

Thanks, guys. I didn't try scrolling to a third page of soft keys, but it seemed like the company TD only used the channels he thought he would need when creating the profile.

That might work, porkchop. It's something I might try later.

Fortunately, I was reminded of the one spare lamp (the new ones are in the mail) we had, and it really was the lamp. Having control of the lamp on function, though, would be great for troubleshooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back