Martin MAC 250 Krypton & MX-10s configured with DMX

Evening,

I recently acquired a few MAC 250 Kryptons and a few MX-10s.

I'm trying to work with Elation DMX Operator I and AmerDJ myDMX (I know, very elementary, but I got to start somewhere!)

I am able to connect them and make them work and all.. but the question of for the show portion and programing...

I've created profiles for Blackout and a few for Strobes.. white and other colors.. again, very basic.

Is there any DMX setting for these lights that I could program for "Randomness?" bascially, just set it and let run through random gobos and colors and movement? We used to have Martin MX-1s and we always set them at sound activated mode to make our job easier.

Now we got the big boys and wanted the ability to do some programing and profiles... but still want that "random do whatever you want" feature.

Is it possible:?:

Thanks,

~Jiman

Generating random cues may be possible, but it's really a controller function rather than a fixture function. Have you tried the Elation boards? I meant the Elation internet forums, not the boards as in desk or console or controller.

Last edited:
AFAIK the Mac 250's have a Master/Slave mode where they can do "random" movements, color changes, but im not too sure about the gobo. However, This is not a DMX program, it is built into the fixture, so you have to change the mode on the fixture if you want to use this mode.

Not exactly sure where your getting that info on the Master Slave for 250 Kryptons, but it is not true. The only built in features that can be accessed through DMX are things like the MACROs on the prism channel, even then this feature creates looks with gobo/prism combos that are built in. and you still have to program P&T and more.

The same applies for the MX 10. For that matter, any of the Martin moving heads, with the exception of MiniMAC and Smart MAC.

Mania SCX and EFX have this Master/Slave function, but if you run data to the fixture while set for Master you can damage it. Wizards, and the MX series, with exception of MX10, have dmx accessible trigger features. They will also go into a standalone mode if DMX is lost.

This is something older fixtures all did before the days of decent controllers. If you really want this function, call around to some local rental houses and see if they are willing to trade for a studiospot 250. Also, the 250 version in the elation line also has these functions. Otherwise, its either time to get a new controller (chamsys Magic Q would be the cheap places to start, do a search) or trade in your lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back