Automated Fixtures Martin MAC 401?

Amishplumber

Hey all,

I'm looking for some Mac 401s for a show I'm designing in May in NYC. I've never seen them in the wild, but I've got a very specific idea the mirror on the back would be perfect for. Before I go calling around to every rental house, anyone know of anyone in the NYC area that might be renting them? I know they were never a particularly popular fixture.

Also, maybe there is another fixture out there with a mirror on the back that I've just never heard of?

Thanks in advance!

Christie Lites in NJ is an official Martin dealer and has the Mac 401s, but as they are discontinued, supply might be limited. They're the closest to NYC as you're probably going to get.

Curious.

If you've never used one, why is the "mirror in the back" feature (which I've no clue what it does - beam size adjustment ?) important , and why not consider a different fixture such as an Aura or Robe ?.

As to shops;

PRG, 4Wall, Hudson Lighting, Andrew Gumper on Long Island, Sensory, also on LI, maybe Bestek.

if I remember correctly, the 401 would be like having the face of a 301 on both sides of the head.

I am interested however as to what you'd use them for, however. I thought it was a cool fixture, but never really had a great use for them..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back