Martin QFX150

qdigger

Has anyone had problems with their Martin QFX's not keeping the color chosen in cues? I will writecues with very specific colors but when we run the cues in show, the colors areoff. (IE We have a living nativity which I recorded with white stars but hadpink and orange stars during the run.) Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kathe

Last edited by a moderator:
My first reaction to something being that off is a problem in the controller. However, I have run into problems with those units with color. Especially after they've been on for a long time, they don't do a very good job of keeping the colors in sync across multiple fixtures. I've had worse problems with having a solid color roll turn into a rainbow across fixtures, but wouldn't be terribly surprised to see the specific colors get out of sync as well. I'd program a reset command into your pre show and intermissiona to give them a chance to home all the wheels and make sure you're in top shape.

My first reaction to something being that off is a problem in the controller. However, I have run into problems with those units with color. Especially after they've been on for a long time, they don't do a very good job of keeping the colors in sync across multiple fixtures. I've had worse problems with having a solid color roll turn into a rainbow across fixtures, but wouldn't be terribly surprised to see the specific colors get out of sync as well. I'd program a reset command into your pre show and intermissiona to give them a chance to home all the wheels and make sure you're in top shape.

I wrote reset cues into the show and the fixtures seemed to keep all the correct colors. Thanks so much for the advice.

Kathe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back