MDG Atmos with DMX interface

xander

So who has used the MDGs through DMX before? I cannot find a single piece of useful information on their website. I think it uses 2 DMX channels? Anybody know what those 2 channels do? On and output? There's no internal fan, so...

Thanks,
-Tim

So what you are saying is the first channel turns the heating element on and the second turns the output on? At what levels? Anything above 0? Only at full? What? Do you know if a manual for the DMX controllers exists? I couldn't find one online and it would be nice to know these things without having to use trial and error to find out. Makes troubleshooting very difficult if you're not really sure you are even using it properly.

Thanks!
-Tim

P.S. That DMX regulator is pretty sweet.

Yup, I just realized there is no operation guide online for the DMX interface: I'll pass that information along. In the meantime, use the notice in PDF attached to this message. Also, if you ever have questions on MDG equipment and can't seem to find an answer, [email protected], or, if you are in the US, call ACT lighitng (ACT Lighting - Home Page as they are our US distributor.

In the meantime, standard ATMOSPHERE has 2 buttons on the standard remote - POWER ON and FOG (Haze) ON, right?

The DMX Channels are exactly the reflection of those two.

Channel 1 - Unit on. While you've switched on the ATM power interrupter, you must set DMX CH. 1 to 51% or more (I suggest parking it to full on your first preset lighting cue) to have it initiate the heating cycle and then, once it is at operating temperature, initiate the auto-purge. (I also suggest you turn off this channel in an "APS cycle cue" at the end of your performance)

Channel 2 - Fog (Haze) ON. Toggle haze on.

N.B. Even with the dmx interface, volume/output/ haze flux control is still done at the pressure regulator

Attachments

• DMX M35A-X 2012.pdf
    58.4 KB · Views: 278

Users who are viewing this thread

Back