Merge/ Switch Art-net

Pie4Weebl

Fight Leukemia
Hey guys,
For an upcoming gig I will be pixel mapping using a hippo and artnet, I'd love it if I could still take control of the fixtures by the console directly. Is there a piece of software that allows for artnet merging that can switch sources live? It would be great if the software could take a dmx value in to control the switch. ie: dmx=0, the fixtures get artnet from the hippo, dmx=255, artnet comes from the console.

Thanks!
Vic

DMX controlled DMX switching :) Sounds interesting. Would HTP or LTP merging not do what you require or are both sources "busy"?
I'd be happy to take a closer look at this and implement in our eDMX range.

DMX controlled DMX switching :) Sounds interesting. Would HTP or LTP merging not do what you require or are both sources "busy"?
I'd be happy to take a closer look at this and implement in our eDMX range.

I suppose I could use HTP merging, and just make sure to black out the other source at the time, that seems a little "cleaner" than having a hard switch. Is there a way to do this on a network level? I believe I may be running ethernet right to the fixtures, but I am not positive.

The Enttec ODE (Artnet<->DMX) can merge multiple Artnet streams. By default it will merge two Artnet sources. For $25 you can buy the license to allow 6 Artnet sources. I've used it to receive simultaneous Artnet from my iPad and iPhone using the Luminair apps. Both devices connect to the same Airport wifi which is connected to the ODE by Ethernet.

Also, I've only recently started playing with Chamsys MagicQ pixel mapping. It was easier than I thought. Define your grid size; patch your instruments to the grid positions; select your media and go. That effect can be patched to a playback. Another playback can control the same fixtures at the same time. If the color channels are set to HTP, then you can change the pixel mapping behavior even with something as simple as bringing up one color to change the overall color of the pixelmap effect.

The Enttec ODE (Artnet<->DMX) can merge multiple Artnet streams. By default it will merge two Artnet sources. For $25 you can buy the license to allow 6 Artnet sources. I've used it to receive simultaneous Artnet from my iPad and iPhone using the Luminair apps. Both devices connect to the same Airport wifi which is connected to the ODE by Ethernet.

Also, I've only recently started playing with Chamsys MagicQ pixel mapping. It was easier than I thought. Define your grid size; patch your instruments to the grid positions; select your media and go. That effect can be patched to a playback. Another playback can control the same fixtures at the same time. If the color channels are set to HTP, then you can change the pixel mapping behavior even with something as simple as bringing up one color to change the overall color of the pixelmap effect.

One thing to be aware of with the ODE is it can only merge HTP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back