Metrodome Roof Collapse - Pretty Amazing

Unbelievable video of Metrodome collapse from inside stadium - Shutdown Corner - NFL* - Yahoo! Sports

One of the most amazing videos I've ever seen. To see those speaker clusters "float" down with the roof....pretty surreal!

If you watch around :05; in, notice what I would guess is a member of the grounds-crew on the far side of the field speed towards the exit in a buggy....HAHA imagine what he must be thinking!!!

Reading some of the comments that people made, such as why don't they play at the U of M stadium... I find it hilarious because they don't realize how much work it is to keep a field clear of snow not to mention traffic issues involved. I understand it sucks to have to drive to a game somewhere else but its much harder to clear an outdoor stadium when we are supposed to have snow all week. I find it interesting that they are just going to make repairs and not try and put a hard cover on like we did here at my university. Also i kept thinking that those speakers were going to hit the deck but evidently they have enough pos pressure in the building to keep the equipment from going that low...

I find it interesting that they are just going to make repairs and not try and put a hard cover on like we did here at my university.
My understanding is that the Vikings lease on the Metrodome is up at the end of this season and they have already indicated that they have no intent to renew the lease. So it could be that the future of the facility is unknown enough to at this time not justify doing anything beyond the minimum necessary.

Maybe they were just lowering the roof to service the HF drivers ;)

I guess thats one way to look at it.

I find it interesting that this isn't the first time it has come down too!

Certainly a great thing that no one was injured, including who/whatever was moving across the side of the field in the beginning of the clip.

Rumor has it that the Vikings were going to push for stadium upgrades with the lease being up, be interesting to see what comes out the next few months. I say leave it open! Those MN boys should be used to the climate, maybe not as much as the Pack though! :twisted:

Like it helped the Bears last Sunday? :rolleyes:

"touche" Muse, touche! We here in Green Bay are still a bit bitter about Brett, so we take every moment to take a shot at our friends in MN. I suppose we would have never had the chance if ATL didn't give him up. ;)

Snow load, baby. Snow load.
This is what happens when limits are exceeded. Mother Nature does not care about your equations. She'll mess you up and won't blink.

Hmm. So what happens when every Vikings player pools just a small one million from their salaries and gives it to the guy in charge of making sure the pressure is maintained in the roof. Sounds like a good way to get a sales pitch for a new stadium to me...

The NFL lease for the stadium is up soon actually. So this may be a time when they discuss renovations -- or a new stadium. Lots of bargaining power to be had for the Vikings right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back