Design Mini review blizzard fab5 puck

jtweigandt

Have been using some elation opti tri pars at 2 theaters now for a year or so. Was favorably impressed. Got a lot of 10 used puck fab5 blizzards for a song.. Fgured it was worth a roll of the dice. Boy was it. Even at full price these units are really nice.

I put 2 on stage last night. They will make really nice lits for our back wall/pseudo cyc. The output is impressive, and even.

Sde by side with the elations, the color intensity on the red blue and green was equal to my eye, and maybe just litly more intense on the red. I can see us using these for all ikinds of accent and wash duties. With the amber and white capabilites I can even see me using them for second row front lighting, or fill front lighting.

The fans are markedly noisier than the elations, which run almost silent. Hanging.. Not a problem.. On the floor, they might drive our sound guy nuts. But for 1/3 the cost of an opti quad..these are a no brainer for the budget limited

Dimming is only a little steppy at the bottom end, but not significantly different than the optis.

Te fans would be the only limitation...but again hanging no problem. The theater air handling is louder. On the floor I can hear them in an empty house... Add audience noise, and I'm not sure I would, but the floor mics would probably hear them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back