mixer with iPad control capability? Please help!

cvhstech

Hello is there any cheap mixer that can be wireless controlled by an IPad? Or is there another way we can control a mixer wirelessly? Thanks for your help!

Define what you consider "cheap". What are your input, output, and other requirements of the mixer? How will you use it? The more info you can provide us, the better we can help answer your question.

~Dave

Do you have an existing console you'd like to add control to, or are you looking for something new? Most newer consoles support iOS control in some form.

Define what you consider "cheap". What are your input, output, and other requirements of the mixer? How will you use it? The more info you can provide us, the better we can help answer your question.

~Dave

Input wise I don't need that much 8 Chanel will work.

Do you have an existing console you'd like to add control to, or are you looking for something new? Most newer consoles support iOS control in some form.

We have a 32 Chanel sound craft board. If there is a way to control that, that would be amazing.

We have a 32 Chanel sound craft board. If there is a way to control that, that would be amazing.

Whats the model on that board? If its digital, it probably will support a remote control app, as chase said. If its analog, then your out of luck.
If your channel requirements are small, then a new small format digital console to consider might be a Mackie DL1608. Keep in mind that the ipad forms the mackies entire control surface, and that the DL1608 is designed more with live "club band" applications in mind as opposed to theatre.

edit- I got beat, disregard the above!

Unfortunatly we've reached the classic crossroads... it can be cheap, it can have lots of features, and it can sound good. Pick 2.

Last edited:
The price is a little expensive. Do you know of a cheaper solution?

$1000 is as cheap as you'll get with iPad control. Probably the cheapest you can find for any digital board.

If you've currently got a 32 Soundcraft, I'd hang onto it. It may be "different" from waking around with an iPad, but the soundcraft will sound much better then anything else you can find "cheaply"

keep the 32 channel for a while, save up then get a decent digital, thats what i would recomend

The price is a little expensive. Do you know of a cheaper solution?
Behringer is also introducing the X16 soon at about the same price point but $1,000 for the mixer plus the iPad (or two as you might want a backup since those mixers have very limited phsyical controls and are useless without an iPad) plus a wireless network is currently as cheap as it gets for a mixer with wireless control and I don't see that changing significantly very soon.

I'll be interested to se what happens with iPad based devices if the Windows Surface or any other competitor ever becomes very popular. Will manufacturers tie into one or the other, offer two variations of the products or try to figure out some way to support both?

Can I just point out that not 5 years ago, one would have been paying over 10k to be getting any form of wireless control - and that would have been on a tablet PC - the iPad was not even around then.

So to me, talking about cheap control, 1k really is cheap...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back