Most Flexible Soca Wire

jjkool

Hey all,

I am currently wanting some more soca and was just wondering what everyone out there recommends as being the most flexible?

Thanks,
Jason

That from Creative Stage Ligting in 12/14 size is very flexible to the extent of a crew chief complaining about it. Normal SO grade multi cable is also very flexible.

Also depends on the gauge. The less conductors and gauge of wire the more flexible. Overall though in that I normally don't buy that brand any longer due to flexibilty, Look towards Creative Stage Lighting for their multi cable if you want supple and flexible. Good stuff, just too flexible for our needs.

Too flexible? odd... Is it more that the cable is easy to damage or hard to spool/wrap without kinking? Having had a few winter load-ins where cable is as flexible as a 2x4, it's hard to think of it as a problem.

The only reason I can see too flexible as being an issue is on cable picks. The CSL stuff that I have used up here seams pretty decent.

CSL stuff is very decent, and agreed it might be cable pickups. Olflex 16ga cable out of Europe is also asked for - though is not as flexible.

I had some here that was very, very flexible -moreso than SO cord. It was like a noodle. Very nice to coil, but when playing with a cut piece of it I noticed when it was flexed in a tight radius the center group of conductors would pull into the cable due to the screw like action of the two layers of twisted conductors. I could see this causing a problem with fatigue at the connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back