fabsi0011

Hey there,

Currently, I have the following problem: On the stage of the venue I'm currently working in we have one GrandMA 8 Port Node and one Ethernet cable going to the FOH.

For the next production we have 3 Lightning consoles in the FOH which need to have access to the node I mentioned earlier after each other. I'm now searching for a way, to give only one console access to the network without unplugging the consoles during the changeovers.

Usig simply network switch so everyone has access to the node at the same time is in my opinion no option because of some console is always blasting out some DMX values.

Do you now a way for this?

Thanks mates!

Our product called eLink can solve this problem multiple ways. Please see the video or spec sheet for system risers and configurations. As you have three consoles, you may need to have Pathscape running to download a new Patch to the eLink for each setup, but can easily be done live online.

You could use a manual 1 in 3 out A/B/C switch.. inelegant but works.
Depending on the consoles, you could designate one as master and merge the others into it, or have all consoles disable their outputs before connecting, and only enable when it is there turn.
Merging is pretty typical in a festival setup. where each act brings their own desk.

A few good solutions above. If its a one off setup where you have time to plan and some control over all three consoles/operators, you could consider the low tech solution as well: The node is going to merge HTP, so have a "sync" cue thats mirrored on all the two consoles swapping control, and once the new console takes control, have the old console release all values (this includes non intensity values) to DMX 0. When it's time for the next console to take control, the old console goes to the next sync cue, new console loads the same sync cue (from a dmx 0 state), and the old console releases.

Obviously this is a bit more finnicky, a merger of some sort is going to be better, but cost more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back