Mover maintenance

So we just got some new movers we got in and I wanted to see what you guys had to say about proper maintenance to keep them in perfect condition and extend there life to the max . Also what is considered "HIGH" fixture hours on a mover . Thanks fellas !

Very brand dependent as far as lifespan and hours. Since the motors use sleeve bearings, they are pretty much good for the life of the unit. PM usually involve keeping the optics and air path (fans, filters when used) clean, replacing old lamps and adjusting the lamp base (much like bench focus.) If they are in a fixed location, then cleaning and lamp replacement will probably be it. If you list the models, I am sure some here will chime in on any problems they have run into.

I have three elation design spot 250s. We have had them for about 4.5 years. They don't get much maintenance, but we have replaced their lamps around 2800hours and when we did that, I sprayed air to clean the insides out. Are there any other things I should do?

We just picked up a great deal on 10 chauvet legend 250rx with only 5 to 10 hours on each fixture . They are really nice for a chauvet product ! But as I know they are older and chauvet is horrid about discontinuing things I want to keep them at peak performance for as long as I can .

For what it is, the Legend is not a bad fixture. Have a few and they have been trouble free so far. One took a 4 foot fall (thanks to a certain venue crew that will remain unnamed) and still works fine. Chauvet does have a habit of discontinuing things at an amazing rate. They have a magnetic ballast, so about the only thing that would spell end-of-life would be a board failure. Most of the other parts are pretty generic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back