Movers & Hazer Pre-visualization?

Chris Chapman

I'm working with movers for the first time and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good way to pre-visualize looks without having to burn lamp time and hazer juice? I'm getting basic move looks okay, but switching into gobo looks on top of everything else has me a little concerned. It's "High School Musical" and for the first pass for Tech, programming has taken me longer than it does for conventional lights.

Clues for the Mover Newb?

You may find this collaborative article on visualizers a useful starting point.

Personally, I use Capture Polar Solo. The Solo edition provides a full library of fixtures but only a single universe. Trying to squeeze a rig full of movers and LEDs into a single universe is a struggle but I can't justify spending more than that on a hobby. They have a Student edition which provides 2 universes of visualization with a very limited selection of fixtures.

Last edited:
I run the lights for our band so it's a hobby for me also. I have to do this while playing bass throughout the show.

I also use Capture Polar Solo and it has been a lifesaver and has allowed me to program up our show without having to find somewhere to setup all my truss and lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back