Multiple cues at once?

microstar

I do not know much about audio cue playback software for theatre use. Now if I need to have more than one cue starting, playing back, and stopping within the same time frame, I would use multiple CD or minidisk players routed thru the mixer.
Is there basic Mac software that could accomplish this same scenario? So it would have to have multiple audio outputs and the ability to start a cue while other cues are playing? Thanks for any enlightenment.

I do not know much about audio cue playback software for theatre use. Now if I need to have more than one cue starting, playing back, and stopping within the same time frame, I would use multiple CD or minidisk players routed thru the mixer.
Is there basic Mac software that could accomplish this same scenario? So it would have to have multiple audio outputs and the ability to start a cue while other cues are playing? Thanks for any enlightenment.

QLab

Most of us you will find use Qlab, SFX, Multiplay or other software designed specifically for playback. This software allows you to play multimedia or audio files, with a number of variables and adjustments. This includes looping, playback volume, start time, end time, auto-execution of cues, etc...
You can make cues to fade up and down, to pause, to fade out and stop... You can have many files playing at once, or have one lead into another with a nice transition...

Try it out!

Qlab is mac only, SFX is the old standard, multiplay is a free (less powerful and no longer supported) alternative. There are of course some others out there. I do believe there is a thread here about all the options.

any of these can have many multiple outputs, routing different cues to different outputs (useful!), etc, limited of course by your hardware and software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back