My 8th Holly Ball

BillESC

This years Holly Ball was again in a 60 x 100' frame tent. My contract is to supply a two camera video shoot, lighting for video, a sound system for the space, (both speech and music playback) and to send a live video feed to several flat screen monitors we provide as well as installed monitors placed through out the country club that the tent is attached to.

We (a crew of four) loaded in at 9:30 the morning before the event. We left the venue at five minutes after eleven with everything in place and ready for rehearsal to take place at 5:00 PM.

My Daughter (Cheryl) and I loaded out the entire set up on Thursday in just one and a half hours and we're both sick as dogs.

Pictures will be availble next Thursday.

This years Holly Ball was again in a 60 x 100' frame tent. My contract is to supply a two camera video shoot, lighting for video, a sound system for the space, (both speech and music playback) and to send a live video feed to several flat screen monitors we provide as well as installed monitors placed through out the country club that the tent is attached to.

We (a crew of four) loaded in at 9:30 the morning before the event. We left the venue at five minutes after eleven with everything in place and ready for rehearsal to take place at 5:00 PM.

My Daughter (Cheryl) and I loaded out the entire set up on Thursday in just one and a half hours and we're both sick as dogs.

Pictures will be availble next Thursday.

Yep, I did this event as a freelance tech with an AV company maybe a decade ago. It was one of those events that I will always remember because it was no fun. It snowed and then rained and load out was in a mud pit behind the tent. The entire tent was run on one small geni with one spider box with maybe 6 outlets (sound, video, lights, heaters, and the band). We also placed maybe 4 or 5 TVs around the main building, but because the combination of the weather and the old greasy carpet, could not get the gaff tape to hold the cable runs down. The vendor also cut the heaters to the tent as soon as the event was over, so we froze during our 2 hour load out. Not fun.... It's funny how I can remeber the old gigs like this , but easily forget some of the good ones. Happy New Year! I hope you and your daughter feel better soon.

Yep, I did this event as a freelance tech with an AV company maybe a decade ago. It was one of those events that I will always remember because it was no fun. It snowed and then rained and load out was in a mud pit behind the tent. The entire tent was run on one small geni with one spider box with maybe 6 outlets (sound, video, lights, heaters, and the band). We also placed maybe 4 or 5 TVs around the main building, but because the combination of the weather and the old greasy carpet, could not get the gaff tape to hold the cable runs down. The vendor also cut the heaters to the tent as soon as the event was over, so we froze during our 2 hour load out. Not fun.... It's funny how I can remeber the old gigs like this , but easily forget some of the good ones. Happy New Year! I hope you and your daughter feel better soon.

I think you just described every tent gig I've ever done.

Victor:
I do a couple of tent shows that we started years ago with gen power and limited shore power. Now we have two four amp and two 225 amp disconnects with prewired cams. Really nice set-up. It is on asphault but you still can't do anything about rain.

proxy.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back