Vintage Lighting My First Beam Projector

ship

Senior Team Emeritus
Premium Member
So I got off E-Bay my first Beam projector, work and other employee owned the other ones from Altman #660 to Mole 20K I have worked on from HMI thru Reiche & Vogul in them - and loving every minute as a fun fixture. This is a Century with normal Century name plate on it’s rear, but not a #1515 off Page #415 of “Photometrics Handbook.” It’s a little closer to the Berkey Colortran model on the previous page yet with the shown clutch cam shown and seemingly not painted clutch cam with the Century model in the book on page 415.

I reralize that Colortran is different than Century, yet if one combines the two in more Colortran in what's done than Century in style, that is what I have, only with the clutch cam break assembly for the yoke in use. This thus later year obviously, what year might that be?

Was in almost perfect condition other than a little work to the P-28s socket and a bit of clear rust inhibitor after initial cleaning work to both clean and coat the texture paint than restore what the brightness of what the texture black was. Really good fixture and as tag on it said - bad base, thus it was sold off. Only needed an easy maintenance call and a 15 minute resurfacing of the base. Wiring was good, cord whip being like 3/8" in someone probably also grounded it in the past and did a good job of it was all clean work heyco cord grip etc. in doing so. Wasn't an amature upgrading this, though it still had the asbestos pad under the socket. Well cared for but not modern last wiring of it persay in the last ten years.

So this beam projector was in mostly mint condition - even was able to superglue down a curling white with blue writing UL listed tag in addition to saving half of the yellow/black Union tag on the yoke that’s there only half torn off by a past user in placing tape over it. Unfortunately the Century decal itself for model number, where part of it’s still there, most has been burned off or come off in even careful cleaning. Can’t identify it’s model number.

What is the model number and date?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back