The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Name that board!!!

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, and Intercom' started by Anonymous067, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Anonymous067

Anonymous067 BANNED USER

I took this picture over the summer, and have had the ****est time trying to figure out the model, because it doesn't look like any current board Midas makes if you compare them closely.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  2. sk8rsdad

sk8rsdad Well-Known Member Premium Member Fight Leukemia

Based on a Google image search, it might be a Heritage 1000 analog board.
    Picture of H1000

3. TheDonkey

TheDonkey Active Member

I have little experience with sound boards, like very little outside of just basic EQ and Gain, but that board looks AWESOME. And 5! worklights, EPIC.

4. Anonymous067

Anonymous067 BANNED USER

Nope, not a 100. Look at the bottom center of the picture, whatever that is, it isn't found on any midas herritage board.

5. Stookeybrd

Stookeybrd Active Member

It definitely is a H4000. They are the only Midas that has both a vertical head-board and VCA's.

But unlike the site's picture it is a smaller format and an earlier model.

Midas Consoles | Heritage 4000

-Cameron Stuckey

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  6. Eboy87

Eboy87 Well-Known Member

Actually, it's a Midas XL4. They don't make 'em anymore, replaced with the XL8 digital system. One of the best analog desks you can use.

EDIT: Here's a pic from Midas' website. XL4. Beware, it's hi-res.

Taking a second look at the OP's photo, looks like there's a DigiDesign Profile in front of the Midas. Where's the picture from?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
    Stookeybrd and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Anonymous067

Anonymous067 BANNED USER

Minnesota State fairgrounds Grandstand.
    August 2008.
    Three Doors Down, with Staid and Hinder.

I vaguely remember puppy eying the security lady to get over the booth since my tickets weren't for "that area".

If anybodies interested, i have pictures of most of the main equipment in the booth, and parts of the effects rack.

8. Eboy87

Eboy87 Well-Known Member

We probably saw the same show. I saw them when they were at Riverport here in St. Louis the month before. I didn't wander down to the FOH pit though. How was the mix? For us, 3 Doors Down and Staind were very good. Hinter and whoever played before them were absolutely atrocious. I couldn't hear anything beyond the icepick-like highs (maybe around 2-3k) for Hinter and the first opener.

9. Anonymous067

Anonymous067 BANNED USER

Staind was the worst act for us, aside from the first 1-2 openers (i seem to remember quite a few bands playing before Hinder came out). I'm pretty sure the sound guys couldn't have cared less about the opening bands. They did a rough mix and I never once saw them change the mix after that (not that I cared).

The first bands you couldn't understand a word, and considering it wasn't room acoustics (since it was outside....).

Hinder wasn't bad, aside from the obnoxious girls behind me (drunk..I might add). The lead vocals were much too loud IMO, and sounded distorted...(which I kinda expected to be honest)

Staind was just TERRIBLE. I couldn't hear anything, the snare microphone sounded like it had a rattle in it, because every time there was a "snap" of the drum, you heard this high pitched baby-rattle style noise.
    They also had a feedback issue, and when I turned my binoculars down to the pit, I saw one mad with a beat-red face screaming at a second man turning nobs on some device in a rack (I determined later it was their effects rack).

Three Doors Down had a very fanominal mix, although an overhead microphone from the drum kit slowly was sinking, probably due to a bad tightening job on a stand. so...eventually by the end of the night, a single crash cymbal could be heard much louder than the rest of the set.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  10. Chris15

Chris15 CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

It looks to be like it's a 40 mic and 8 stereo channel setup. XL4s are very much top of the line. Trick for young players is that all the insert IO is on bantam jacks...

It also looks like not one but 2 digidesigns in front, one left and one right...

11. rwhealey

rwhealey Active Member

Consultant
    There's a guy over on prosoundweb getting a tattoo of an XL4 fader section on his arm...

12. Anonymous067

Anonymous067 BANNED USER

Can we talk for a minute about Digidesigns that people keep mentioning?

I don't know what they are at all...never heard of them. I know..slap slap on my wrist.

13. soundlight

soundlight Well-Known Member

Digidesign D-Show Profile: Digidesign | Products | VENUE | D-Show Profile Mix Rack | D-Show Profile Mix Rack System

Digidesign's scaled down Venue system. Just about every concert that I've seen/worked on in recent memory has been mixed on this guy's big brother (this), a DiGiCo board, or a PM5D.

14. Hughesie

Hughesie Well-Known Member

Freelance Lighting Programmer/grandMA Trainer
    Digico are also another leading brand name in live production desks, i know that their D5 (and recently the SD7) has been the desk that has converted people running on large scale analog desks to digital
    [​IMG]

D5 Range

SD7

15. Pie4Weebl

Pie4Weebl Well-Known Member Fight Leukemia

Off topic completely (wrong board even) but how did staind look? I know their LD and am curious how his stuff looks since I never saw one of his shows.