Need Help setting up a Chauvet 4-Bar with a simple DMX controller

I have recently just switched from traditional par cans and dimmer packs to a simple Chauvet 4-Bar light system. I am completely new to LED lighting and DMX. I just need to know 2 things I'm sure someone out there can tell me. 1. I have purchased a simple cheap Chauvet Obey 3 controller. Will this controller work with my Chauvet 4-Bar system? 2. If the Chauvet Obey 3 will work with my Chauvet 4-Bar system, can someone tell me how I can program it? The instructions are MORE than vague and nobody seems to want to help me. All I want to do is make the controller be able to take advantage of the "preset colors" and do chases rather than run the system off the sound controller.

Well It would have been better for you to buy an Obey 10 if you were looking to program because the Obey 3 was designed as a 1 fixture controller without programming. I'm not certain if it is fully compatible with the 4-bar but knowing Chauvet I'm sure it works. Taking advantage of the preset looks very simple. All you need to do is set the DMX address of the 4-bar to 1 and set the amount of DMX channels it uses to 3 (check the manual for direction on how to do that). Then 3 pin your 4-bar to your Obey 3 and press "Presets" to take control of the 9 pre-programmed colors the board has. If you would like to use the chases/macros (light fixture's pre-programs) then select "Chases" or "Macro" and move the first fader up and down until you find the look you want.

Hopefully you fount your answer by now! Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back