Need Help Setting up GrandMA onPC Rig!

hey everyone this is my first post and ive been looking at a lot of threads on this site and i feel like someone should be able to help me.
Im setting up a GrandMA1 onPC rig, i want to have a midi controller(APC 40) connected to use for executor buttons and i also want to have a 48 channel scene setter console(looking at elations right now) to control the faders via DMX input. Ive been reading some threads on this and they have help but could someone give me a walk through or some advice for setting this up. im running windows 7 which im pretty sure wont work with mid2key and i read where someone was having a problem with boom midi software so i dont know if i want to use that, is there any other options?

i also wanted to know if i can change the keyboard shortcuts to any keys i like, example change the thru key from (T) to (*)

please let me know THANKS!!!

I didn't have success using Bome's MIDI Translator or MegaTech driver, but I did have success using Mid2Key using Windows XP. Have you tried Mid2Key with Windows 7? I would recommend giving that a shot, even if it doesn't specifically have support therefore. (Another option would be to roll back to XP, but you probably don't want to do that since you have 7). Once you have the MIDI going from the controller into onPC, there are some good video tutorials for configuring the MIDI settings and the MAnual is a good reference, as well.

I haven't done anything with DMX input, though I was considering trying that at some point. One caution I would give is that you should investigate if a regular (non-PRO) 2Port Node, which authorizes 1 universe of DMX, would allow you to have a separate universe of input DMX control. You may need either a PRO 2Port Node, which authorizes 2 universes of DMX, or 2 regular 2Port Nodes, which each authorize 1 universe of DMX. I may have some time this weekend to investigate DMX input with onPC, and will post my findings if I find anything noteworthy.

The last question is the easy one. Shortcuts can be changed by clicking on the yellow ball in the upper left, then clicking on "Shortcuts...". You can create your shortcuts by selecting a modifier, key, and command. At the right, in the Mode area, you'll need to select "Use Programmed Shortcuts", and then under that you can select whether to keep nonconflicting default shortcuts or only use programmed shortcuts. To use any shortcuts, you'll have to activate them by clicking on the "ShortCut" button in the upper right, under the minimize/maximize/close buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back