The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

New Dimming Technology

Discussion in 'News' started by zac850, Sep 21, 2004.

1. zac850

zac850 Well-Known Member

Apparently there is this new dimming technology. I can't say I really understand it, but I'm sure Ship would be able to explain it better. http://www.etcconnect.com/news/default.asp?240

From what I can tell this new technology makes it so there is no hum in the lamps, and also will greatly reduce the size of dimmers, and because of there size can be put anywhere, including in the house.

Has anyone heard about this new technology? This is the first I heard of it and I'm really curious.

2. EPAC_Matt

EPAC_Matt Member

Indeed it does look pretty cool :)

'Standard' phase controlled dimmers do have choke coils designed to smooth the choppy waves out a bit, but I like the idea of having a clean sinewave to begin with :)

Some more information

Phase Dimmers
    [​IMG]

Sine wave dimmers
    [​IMG]

3. ledieu

ledieu Member

i think bytecraft in australia own the patent to it so check out their website. i could be wrong but i remember them getting all excited about something like that a while back. probably www.bytecraft.com.au