New Guy

Hey everyone! Just sayin hi. I figured it might be good for my health if I make an account on this forum considering I need to take up the mantle of my predecessor. I've already posted a few questions but not gonna lie, I'm worried about not being able to do everything as effieciently as the last guy.

Pessimism aside a little about me. I'm a sophomore about to be a junior in high school. This coming year will be my 5th year working in the high school theater. I've done set work/design, lighting work/design, and have been the audio engineer. The struggle with taking the mantle is how the director is, it's a professional setting for the me and the other techies(especially me). Which means I need to make final decisions about lighting design, some set design, renting, cueing and even some input on the show choices because I'm the highest up at this point. I also lost my fellow techie who had a panic attack a few days before the beginning of Tech, he was even more knowledgable about lighting than I was.

So now the fun begins! Lots of questions to come. Thanks to everyone in the community for being so helpful already.

Welcome aboard. Ask away, you will find a wealth of knowledge and a lot of opinions.

Welcome! I am in the same boat as you, I am my high schools (only) student tech guy in our stage crew, and I am about to be a Junior next year too!

Welcome to the Booth.

Hi Colin and Nick!

Welcome to CB. Lots of useful information here about a variety of topics including industry news, a variety of technical disciplines, and edu / career stuff.

Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions. Even if they seem dumb!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back