New here - Moving Lights

yaka

I am new here. I graduated from college last May with a major in technical theater design. I have been working as an intern or an assitant lighting tech on jobs at the Eugene O'Neill Center and off off broadway shows through this year. I am getting ready to work at a regional theater in Vermont for the summer. At one of my jobs on worked on Robe ColorSpot 700E AT, MAC 250 Wash. I want to know where I can learn to work a HOG. Are there classes? It seems to be one of the situations that you need to get a job that uses them and learn them, but they won't hire you if you don't know them.

Any advise is appreciated.

Thank you,
Yaka

Best way to learn the Hog- Download the offline editor and explore it on your computer. With the help of the manual you should be able how to figure out how to patch, make palletes, write and edit cues and back up a show. These are the basics. From there learn about effects and quicker ways to do things you know already.

After you get it down on your computer try and get some hands on time, every programmer had a first gig, no one started at the top.

High end does offer classes but they are not cheap ($400-$800)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back