New member looking for a lens for an old followspot

operated

I am currently maintaining three very old follow spots, two Altspots and one American A-1015. The A-1015 is missing the lens that slides on a track (red handle on the side). Any ideas on finding a replacement?

Operated - yes I sing opera!
[email protected]

Welcome to CB! I have moved your thread to the Lighting Forum so it is posted correctly. Not all regular members read the New Member Board. Hopefully someone there can point you in the right direction. Glad to have you here!

~Dave

Is the American A-1015 from American Stage Lighting of New Rochelle, NY? I didn't know that they ever made their own fixtures. I suspect it's a rebadged Altman, Capitol, or Time Square unit. Is it the lens closest to the lamp you need? Here is the Altman conza lens for the 902/DynaSpot.

Post some pictures of this elusive fixture and we may be able to help further.

Might also be above our heads in question of parts and or short of being familiar to that fixture not much we could help with. Do you need lens or also lens bracket assembly as initial question that will factor in but not overall help at least me?

Overall I would call American DJ, Altman and Lycian directly in this problem amongst others making such fixtures and very familiar with what others make or made. They might recommend directly more easily figure out what it is and who to get it from if not supply the replacement. Me lamp nerd, them if finding the proper person talked to, follow spot nerds. Given that nerds know often at times off the top of their head or can help refine and find the source.

Sorry but in my opinion I think that's a manufacturer call. Call one than another than another and they will find the answer I think by way of past experience in being helped.

Yes it is the American Stage Lighting Co. of New Rochelle, NY. AMERICAN lettering is hollowed out on the back. It has the freznel lens in front of the lamp and the large lens in front. I need the one on the slider that is between the front and back lens. As you can tell I am not a lighting guy. My expertise is in sound and video but I am trying to help out my parish school. Thanks for your help.

The wrong lens is either not going to fit, prevent focus, or greatly reduce the light output. Given the same circumstance (If I was trying to help someone out), I would first see if I can sub the lens using one from the other spots. This will put you in the ballpark. As it is a three lens optic train, the result is going to be hit or miss. If the lens from one of the Altspots works, then simply order a replacement from them, end of story. If not, you are back at square one.

I believe the Altspots are two lens systems. I guess I could try using the lens in front of the lamp and see what happens. I wonder if anyone has one of these followspots?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back