New Playback solution with yamaha ls9

bessel24

Hello,
i´m locking for a new playback solution with an Yamaha LS9 and a mac/pc .
Currently i´m using the playback function in the ls9 so every track is on a usb stick and all the fade times are programmed in the console.
A userdefined key makes the "next scene" go.

The problem i have is the programming takes to long and the i don´t like the fact that i can´t see how long the track is running and so on....

So the solution i was thinking of was running qlab on a mac mini.
I still would like to use one of the userdefined keys from the ls9 to give the go for every que (don´t like the fact that there is a keyboard where you can do differnt things than the ones they should on the playback pc during the show). What kind of lisence would i need for that? Only the Midi one?
Which parameter would the desk and qlab need to work that way?

Any one of you running that kind of playback package? Other solutions?

Thanks

Tom

I'm not familiar with a method to playback audio on a board, only though an exteral device, with that device running into the board through standard inputs.

I'd stick to either a CD player or a computer based system with appropriate connectors and adapters (DI, adapters, level matching gear).

I'm not sure Yamaha designed their console with the intent of using an outside source still active on the board. we us SFX on a seperate pc plugged in using audio fire digital converter box. This makes us use the computers but gives us a lot more function than what a board and a usb stick can do... as far as i've seen myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back