New System DMX Net

gmff

The theater I work in installed a new led system this past year. The installers added a DMX Net to 2 of the light bars above the house. I have in the past months used a dmx cord to run to those 2 bars. I would rather just run from the DMX net terminals; I want to make sure that the terminals work they left the job with 2 DMX Nodes and the communication system not working. What do I need to add to the DMX Nets to be able to plug in a DMX cord to run the lights off that pole?
Thanks, Sorry this is all new to me.

I think first we need some clarification of your system. You called it DMXnet but AFAIK this isn’t a thing, I would assume it is sACN or ETCnet3 or Art-Net. Assuming it’s one of these you should just have to connect your console to the network and then connect your nodes to the network. Then there would be some sort of configuration utility that lets you change the output universe on the nodes you are using.

To help us out can you tell use the branding/model numbers of your nodes and console? Pictures would also work well, also a photo or description on the port wall plate would be great.

The board is an ETC Color source 40 I have 2 of them. One that belongs to the theater that is cat 5 cord and dmx and one that belongs to the theater group that is dmx only and we have an adapter to tie into the cat 5. At every other termination there is a 5 pin dmx socket that the leds are plugged into, it is called a DMX MK-2 node on the plot. This set of light bars only has a cat 5 connection, nothing to adapt the cat 5 to dmx. I checked with the manager of the theater, and he said it would be 1K to get the adapters and have them put in. I was thinking there might be something of a simpler solution to fix this problem. That is the reason I posted. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back