Nicolaudie DE3 Time Trigger Issues

LoboLux

Has anyone worked with "The Stick"? I have been troubleshooting for a couple of weeks, back and forth with their US tech support who are nice and have sent me the latest software & firmware "updates" and even finally sent me a RMA this week that I still can not get to trigger. He sent it after several days of "trying to find one that works" to send me. Eek. I've made the notes below for anyone that wants to geek out with me, or can see something I am missing. I think the error is still in their code because they have had problems with the time trigger and now say it's fixed in the updates but to no avail. Mainly I'm just posting here because I am curious if any has had any success using the calendar function and wondering about your experience with it. The instructions are confirmed with Nicolaudie America so clearly I've taken it several steps further since I have discovered a few quirks and am trying to find the sequence that will get passed the bug (if one even exists).

DE3 Stick Time Trigger Experiments 4.8.2013

Instructions
Drag Cues Into Calendar
Edit Cues To Set Time
Save Show
Write the Interface’s Memory
Close Program
Choose Blackout Scene
Wait. Forever.

No Response IF
Unplug unit from Computer, leave micro end in interface, do not re-cycle power.
Unplug unit from Computer, leave micro end in interface, & re-cycle power.
*Unplug Unit from Computer, Remove both ends of USB > causes Split Display but NO Fixture.
Causes Delay & Freeze on Touchability.
Unplug Unit from Computer, Remove both ends of USB, Re-cycle power, Go to Blackout (S11)
Stays in Blackout
Unplug Unit from Computer, Remove both ends of USB, Re-cycle power, Do Not Change State (Scene1)
Stays in Scene 1
Close Software Program, Keep Unit plugged in, Do Not Re-cycle Power, Go To Blackout (S11)
Close Software Program, Keep Unit plugged in, Do Not Re-cycle Power, Do Not Change State (Scene1)
Close Software Program, Keep Unit plugged in (unable to recycle power), Re-cycle Power, Go To Blackout (S11)

Helpful Notes
*When connecting micro USB to unit but not connecting USB side to computer, unit display immediately changes. It says it is running the same scene (Blackout) at the same time as color scroll, showing a changing color graphic and values but outputting the blackout.
*Seems to not run clock correctly, runs slow or delayed. Will not stay current.
*Looking in the menu will force fixtures into a temporary blackout.
*Unit will not perform while connected to software.
*Interface freezes often. If interface freezes or becomes delayed Re-cycle power is the only remedy.
*LTP, last manual movement will override Calendar until new Time Trigger occurs (Theory, Unproven)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back