Novascan v-250-2

Someone recently gave me two Novascan v-250-2 scanners. I can't find any information on them. Found plenty of info on the v-250-1 but nothing for the v-250-2. Primarily I'm looking for the dmx chart for them. They're old fixtures but I thought I might use them for effect from time to time when using a hazer in a show. Small theater company.
Thanks!

Lol! Not really. I wasn't even looking for these. They were given to me. But now that I have them I thought I could use them in some productions. Could you possibly just post the dmx info? What channel does what, etc...
I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks!

No, unfortunately I don't. Sorry for the topic swerve! The V-250-1s are very intuitive though with no oddball channels for modes or anything. I'd guess the V-250-2s are similar, so can you not just trial and error a profile together?

Yeah, that's my plan if I can't get the info online. Not even sure if the mirror barrel is variable speed or what order the dmx commands should be in. Was hoping that the guy with a brand new one on his shelf might have some info. I'm guessing he's not interested in giving any info unless I'm buying.

My GUESS is that the DMX channel order follows the V-250-1 almost exactly, except your "Pan" will equate to the barrel mirror swivel (usually 0-180 degrees) and the "Tilt" will equate to the barrel's rotation - usually fast to slow or slow to fast with a direction change around value 128 or 50%. None of the channels have a bonus "sound active" or "automatic" mode tacked on the top nor does one channel affect another on these particular units. On the 250-1s it's Pan, Tilt, Shutter, Color, Gobo, Dimmer. Shutter and Dimmer should both be at full when inspecting the other attributes. Like I said, going out on a limb here but it's worth a shot and I figure I might as well add something constructive after contributing a rather useless aside!

Jeff,

You bought them 2.18.2005 :)

Nice! I'm impressed that you keep sales records back that far! Yep, still running strong and seeing regular use. My only regret is not buying more! Then again, my company has grown tremendously over the past 12 years and at the time a pair was all I needed... I'm even tempted to buy your V-250-2, really just more as a collector than a user on this one. If you had a pair it'd be a done deal! I've got quite the collection of 1990s/early 2000s effect lights, before the LED revolution. In a way I kind of miss that style of unit.

Now that you mention it I do recall the V-250-2 being more limited than the 250-1... That's probably one of the reasons why I went with a few of the Martin EFX600s for my barrel scanning needs - all of which I still use to this day as well. Okay, topic swerve over. Thanks for the trip down memory lane though!

I've got a pair of VEI Rainbows you ought to have for your collection.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've got a pair of VEI Rainbows you ought to have for your collection.
Were those also called porcupines, or am I thinking of a different disco animal? (The eighties are kind of a blur.)

VEI called them the Rainbow but the certainly look like a porcupine...

I know about "blur" from that era.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back