Automated Fixtures Oh No I've Done It Again - Light Show (PART 1)

soundlight

I have finally posted the moving light show that I programmed back in September of last year for Starlite Productions' Technology Showcase. I just haven't pushed it to the top of the priority list until now. It's become a priority now mainly because of the other video that I'll be uploading today of the new Clay Paky B-EYEs. I wanted to get this out before that video dropped. Anyways, here is:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In other news, this is the first of my light shows ever that you can watch in full 1080p greatness. From video description:
*********​
This show was programmed for Starlite Productions' Technology Showcase in September 2013. [www.starlite.com] It showcases the Martin MAC Auras & MAC101s as well as Clay Paky Sharpys. Elation sent me some of their new products as well, the CuePix Panels and the Rayzor Q7s. I was very impressed with the CuePix Panels. All of the programming for them was done simply via the standard effects in the MA (no bitmap effects, no media server involved). The important thing for getting the linear effects was just selecting the fixtures in the right order. I made a layout view in MA that allowed me to select fixtures in any order just by clicking and dragging. The Axon was used to drive the 3 sections of 6mm LED video wall.

I put the entire show in to MA3D and took an MA Light home for extra programming time. I spent about a third to a half of the programming time that I put in to this show at home in front of the MA Light and a computer and external monitor running MA3D. I made sure that all of the gobos in the Sharpy personality were accurate and also ensured that all my pan & tilt swaps were done properly before programming from home. I also had one Aura & one 101 at home to program with.

The show is run off of MIDI Time Code provided by Sound Forge which was playing back the track for the live show. I programmed most cues' times in with a Timecode Learn and then went back and individually adjusted some times for a cleaner show.

Music is by the awesome guys of Manic Bloom (Manic Bloom || Epic Melodic Rock Check these guys out - their music is really good. I've been a fan of theirs for about as long as they've had a good internet presence.

Equipment:
Grand MA 1 Fullsize
Axon Media Server
6mm LED Video Wall
(10) Clay Paky Sharpy
(18) Martin MAC Aura
(21) Martin MAC101
(12) Elation EPAR QA
(6) Elation CuePix Panel
(6) Elation Rayzor Q7
*********​
In related news sometimes I really love my job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back