Old Furse lenses/spares..

Oliver

Hello,

I'm a new member here- strictly an amateur who's fallen into lighting occasional concerts in the church, and learning as I go along, with some entertainingly antique equipment.
We've recently acquired a quantity of 80's Furse equipment from a local hall, that's been languishing in the basement for years. Sadly, some light-fingered (no pun intended) person has stripped the whole lot of bulbs, clamps, chains, lenses and in some cases, plugs. I'm OK sourcing most of this, but I'm drawing a blank as to lenses. Mix of plano-convex and fresnel, including two 8" fresnels. Where on earth do I go to get these? You can imagine I'm cursing whoever saw this lot and thought 'No-one ever comes down here, so...'

Cheers!

Just find another make of lamp and buy a "spare" from them, one 8" fresnel is vey much like another, search the Blueroom for UK suppliers.

Just find another make of lamp and buy a "spare" from them, one 8" fresnel is vey much like another, search the Blueroom for UK suppliers.

the Furse 8 inch fresnel - looks like a large round drum - is a pretty good fresnel.

have you tried posting on the "Blue Room Technical Forum"?

Furse was purchased by CCT lighting: phone 0115 985 8919 or email at [email protected] They may also be able to help with spares. On the Blue Room try Roy at the Enlighten Initiative

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back