Old lighting catalogues.

gafftapegreenia

CBMod
CB Mods
Scored some historic literature from the colleagues at work. What do you want to see first?
proxy.php

WoooooHooooo, ummm Monty, I'll take what's in the red box. No wait, the red Davis catalog, no Skirpan, yeah that's the ticket, Skirpan. What a nice haul. Actually I would bow to the wishes of @ship since he would know what was hardest to find.

WoooooHooooo, ummm Monty, I'll take what's in the red box. No wait, the red Davis catalog, no Skirpan, yeah that's the ticket, Skirpan. What a nice haul. Actually I would bow to the wishes of @ship since he would know what was hardest to find.

Actually thats a Grand catalogue I forget to put in the pic so maybe yes to that first.

Kliegl has it's own website to check if the catalogues you have exist already. (Lots of black holes and no updates for a long time.) Otherwise if they are not listed... I believe that website has gone to sleep in CB posing next best place. Strand Catalogues the same case.

All other catalogues I think safe if out of business thus not having to ask if can post it.

Next how to - if you are able to copy them to PDF and Derek above is able to, send the files to him. Otherwise all I can do if shipped a catalogue is hand it off to a front office secretary and they will do the same in copying into a PDF file and sending it to me that I will send to him. Than if CB has room to post he will manage.

I have a few manuals from Kliegl "Q-File", Strand Light Palette 3, and a Izenour light board to copy and post on this website waiting to post before I send them off to ETC for storage if the flood gates are open. Last I heard there was not enough room, space or interest to post more.

For catalogues, I have an extensive collection but I use them to supplement the museum and post what I have on-line. Penn State, and other colleges collect such things I belive but in general and try to post them (but it's in last check not easy to access.) I believe ETC is the safest place to send such history. Have not been to the ETC factory in a few years (amazing tour), but I hear from my Neutrik rep. that they are still very interested in preserving the past. At some point what is sent is possibly the best place to store it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back