Conventional Fixtures Old School

Are Altman units acceptable or is it strictly Century only?

I am looking for the old Century Leko's. The gray unit with the chimney style lamp. Would like the 6 x9 and 6x12's.

Something like this?

Century 10x12 Lekolite:
proxy.php

or

Century Strand Lekolite 6x9 #2321:
proxy.php

or are you looking for axial units?

~Kirk

Something like this?

Century 10x12 Lekolite:
proxy.php

or

proxy.php

~Kirk

I think the Strand Century 2000 series LekoLites are black with axial lamp housing, using TP22 sockets and rated at 1kw. I believe the 1500 series were the older grey units with medium pre-focus sockets on angled chimneys, using TH or incandescent lamps.

Something like this?

Century 10x12 Lekolite:
proxy.php

or

proxy.php

~Kirk

Yup, when he says "chimney style" that is what he wants.

I think the Strand Century 2000 series LekoLites are black with axial lamp housing, using TP22 sockets and rated at 1kw. I believe the 1500 series were the older grey units with medium pre-focus sockets on angled chimneys, using TH or incandescent lamps.

Here is the back of that unit...
proxy.php

It looked grey to me. As for the model number, I was relying on the tag provided by the USITT 2010 Lighting History Exhibit. It is possible that it is wrong.

[Edit: I think that this is the fixture to which you were referring. The attached data sheet has 2112/11 in the upper right corner of the back page. Again, still a possibility for error.]

proxy.php
proxy.php

[/Edit]

~Kirk

Last edited:
The 1500 series were rolled steel, not die-cast aluminum.

Century-Strand/Strand-Century's numbering system got a little wacky in the 1970s: theatre.uwinnipeg.ca/download/lx/6x9bu.pdf .

At the end of the decade, they redeemed themselves with the black, axial, FEL line and its numbers: 2204, 2209, 2212, 2216, 2112, 2113, and 2123.

Now, WHY the OP wants specifically 2321 (6x9) or 2341 (6x12) is anyone's guess.

EDIT: Kirk--
This
proxy.php

is a 2212, not a 2112.

...EDIT: Kirk-- This...is a 2212, not a 2112.

Thanks for the correction. I was going by the snippet of the data sheet that was ziptied to the fixture's cable visable in the picture.

~Kirk

Thanks for the correction. I was going by the snippet of the data sheet that was ziptied to the fixture's cable visable in the picture.

~Kirk

I only know the black units as those are the very first upgrades I did to in-house gear at Brooklyn College in about '83 or so, when we purchased the "2000 series" upgrade kit for the incandescent series I inherited. Very cost effective upgrade as you used the lens tube and yoke (and connector), getting an all new housing with a superior lamp and 1000w rating. Only trouble is you got the old lens tube and whatever green lens in the tube.

I still have about 100 of these in use by our Dept. of Theater, long way overdue to be changed out to S4's.

From last week's Theatre Ontario blog.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010
The Bulletin Board
New this week...

The National Ballet has about 40 well used Strand 2300 series lekos available. If someone would like them please email [email protected]. The lamps are in fair to poor condition. There are both 6x12’s and 6x16’s. The lamps have Stage pin plugs and do not have C-Clamps. They are being given away on a first-come first-serve basis.

While intereresting, and by way of someone that left one in storage with me at work = work or me owns one of some beam sprad given a plethatude of fixture types above.. not selling given this is now an added fixture to the museum.

Still though very curious in why you want to acquire more of these fixtures - which ever it turned out to be in a quick read of radial verses axial? Me, I hunt for museum stuff, seemingly you have an application I'm curious about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back