Vintage Lighting Older Lighting Dimensions Magazines

ScottT

Lighting Programmer
So I came across copies of Lighting Dimensions from '79 and '80 today. Took a few pictures that you might enjoy!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332814207.890673.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332814207.890673.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 257
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332814220.676318.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332814220.676318.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 256
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332814272.417567.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332814272.417567.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 258
From the back, Steve Terry looks like John Denver...

:)

I think he kinda looks like one of these guys:

proxy.php

(hint, it's not the guy sitting down)

Ah' the first light board for me I got to sit behind and even do some work on even if not design...

Anyone have one to donate? Cursing and not wanting to go light board for the museum in others could certainly step up in doing so. Really don't want to start collecting up dimmers, controllers or movers - not enough time or want to know about.

Don't remember the brand but I shame myself for once throwing into the trash a one scene six pack dimmer / slider control board, but on the other have Inkie (a past member) light board that I'm about to display in long in personal storage for him. It's a THE SCRIMMER by Electronics Diversitied and will be next to an origional and saying all over it "Cheap Trick" light board. It's a start I didn't want to get into. Suppose by doing so I will have to motivate the rest of the museum in trying to stay out of what I don't know or mostly care about. That or in ETC having the better controller museum, motivate in sending it their way.

Beyond other projects, currently on the work table is a Century Olivalittee that was in fairly good condition other than for paint. I date it's steel rear reflector in being steel but painted silver to between say 1926 and 1928 and also not reflective of for the 1928 date current Alzark process aluminum reflectors for such steel reflective painted reflectors as shown in 1928 Fuch's Stage Lighting as a better concept came about. On the other hand is the 1928 Century catalogue that this one is one of certainly lists this fixture. In other words, my world is far different than that of movers or controllers. So much in conventinals to research I limit myself personally as best I can.

Last edited:
Ah' the first light board for me I got to sit behind and even do some work on even if not design...

Anyone have one to donate? Cursing and not wanting to go light board for the museum in others could certainly step up in doing so. Really don't want to start collecting up dimmers, controllers or movers - not enough time or want to know about.

Don't remember the brand but I shame myself for once throwing into the trash a one scene six pack dimmer / slider control board, but on the other have Inkie (a past member) light board that I'm about to display in long in personal storage for him. It's a THE SCRIMMER by Electronics Diversitied and will be next to an origional and saying all over it "Cheap Trick" light board. It's a start I didn't want to get into. Suppose by doing so I will have to motivate the rest of the museum in trying to stay out of what I don't know or mostly care about. That or in ETC having the better controller museum, motivate in sending it their way.

Beyond other projects, currently on the work table is a Century Olivalittee that was in fairly good condition other than for paint. I date it's steel rear reflector in being steel but painted silver to between say 1926 and 1928 and also not reflective of for the 1928 date current Alzark process aluminum reflectors for such steel reflective painted reflectors as shown in 1928 Fuch's Stage Lighting as a better concept came about. On the other hand is the 1928 Century catalogue that this one is one of certainly lists this fixture. In other words, my world is far different than that of movers or controllers. So much in conventinals to research I limit myself personally as best I can.

I have a performer laying around. I'm not sure if it has the Production Arts card in it though.

Such thing takes me back to about 87'.

If you want in free shipping, I'll present it for now for what limited tours I get and as above - not my interest but dispay it (and give it time), unless ETC in better museum takes it from me or wants it more. Sorry, but not primary interest thus not offering money or not PM'mg. Not a money thing at some point for me at least (unless you want for your efforts in storage), more preserving for the next generation to see. I only offer display for various tours to see and techies at this point. ETC better home but both will certainly take one for donation that is 501c3 in status but will be cared for and on display. (ETC possibly in donation status I cannot offer.) ETC probably is first in contact for old light boards and one cannot imagine their display some day by way of fixtures or controllers but probably is going to have to construct a new building for such a museum TBA. I know for sure they now own a George C. Izenour c.1948 light board that came from the Goodman Thater in Chicago. I have it's manual and will be shipping it to them. This one of only a few known to exist amongst a Lite Pallet III and Lite Pallet they bought. Huge buys for them and I hope they all went thu in picked up.

ETC is a much more public and better resource for museum. While I specilize in the older lights say 1910 thru 1990's in having more in collection at this point as debatable once figured out what ETC has in collectoion in who has more - and they have some I don't, for controllers, ETC is a better home in me just housing them.

Love one, but contact ETC first and than we should chat off line.

Last edited:
So I came across copies of Lighting Dimensions from '79 and '80 today. Took a few pictures that you might enjoy!

And that's a Performer I, not the most reliable console ever built! That Coca Cola Sign had 96 zones of lights, all fed from dimmers and animated. Who thought we'd ever need more than 96 channels in a memory system!

Fun to see the picture!

ST

Users who are viewing this thread

Back