One Image/Vid on more than one screen

What I am trying to do is project images on a cyc with cheap projectors, Using one image/video to be displayed on the cyc with two projectors carefully aligned and keystoned.
Will a program such as powerpoint or the open office version of powerpoint spread across the two screens, or can I only asign the slideshow to one output?
Also, any cheap slideshow/presentation programs that work well with video?

Your going to get a hard line enless you get a piece of software/hardware that divides and dithers the image so it can be merged. If you just want a cheap and dirty split, get a cheap nvidia card that has two outputs and set it up to do duelview. Powerpoint 2007 handles video pretty well, keynote does a better job. Otherwise, you question has been answered in the the above posts.

Using multiple projectors to project one larger image is called edge blending and for it to work correctly the images have to overlap to some degree and quite lterally have the image blend across the two. Some projectors incorporate this capability, but it likely won't be included in cheap projectors. There are also external processors that will provide this functionality as well as it likely being accommodated in some software packages. I would be a little wary of the ability for 'cheap' projectors to provide the image geometry adjustments necessary to truly align the two images.

Otherwise, I agree with teh others that the best approach is probably to use a dual video card and live with whatever compromises and issues exist where the images come together.

i just wanted to have you all keep in mind aspect ratios. that if you were looking to project movies or pictures of people that unless it was edit to be shown on an extra wide screen everyone will look fat in the sense that your keeping the hight the same, but doubling the width. even pictures ppt presentations, and normal text and slides will look this way unless the content was built to be shown that way. there are some articles on the cow that ill find and post a link to about building a project for digital signage, but the principals the same.

Your going to get a hard line enless you get a piece of software/hardware that divides and dithers the image so it can be merged. If you just want a cheap and dirty split, get a cheap nvidia card that has two outputs and set it up to do duelview. Powerpoint 2007 handles video pretty well, keynote does a better job. Otherwise, you question has been answered in the the above posts.

Also, without edgeblending software (either on the projector end or the source end), where the image overlaps will be brighter than the rest (which can spoil the effect). No matter what, you are going to have to make compromises. Big production companies get the coolest effects because their clients have the money to spend on the gear, that's why you aren't finding a cheaper way to do it the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back